Mining Museum
Bucyrus 50B

Gillaspie House

Bryant House

The MINING MUSEUM, opened in May 2004 in the historic County Stone Garage, contains artifacts and equipment used by Nederland area miners. Ore samples, machines, tools, photographs, newspapers, catalogs and maps record our mining heritage. Historic photos and mining memorabilia are offered at its Gift Shop.

Gold, silver and tungsten mining mark Nederland's landscape and heritage. The Mining Museum displays ores and mine trams, hand and pneumatic drills, steam shovels, pictures, blacksmithing tools, maps and documents from the 1860's to the present. Walk through exhibits at your own pace. Learn about hard rock mining, the tungsten boom, and present-day conservation techniques.

The historic GILLASPIE HOUSE, built in 1907, displays clothing, accessories, and furnishings found in typical early Nederland homes.

The Mining Museum and Gillaspie House are open May - September, Saturday 10am - 4pm and Sunday, 11am - 4pm.

Hours subject to change. For hours, steam shovel operation and to schedule group/private tours, please call 303.258.0567

Home     History     Museums     Projects     Events     Store     Volunteer     Contact
©2011 Nederland Area Historical Society     All Rights Reserved     Hosting generously donated by